christmas 2012 awesome stuff:
1. paper source 2013 date book. anyone who keeps up with this blog has seen that this item has made an appearance before. but i have to say it again. i. love. this. organizer. it's compact, but big enough for me to write in all of the stuff i have to keep track of. and it comes with these super cute stickers to add to special days or events - birthday cakes, comb/scissors, nail polish, a beach chair...maybe i'm cheesy, but these little things bring some cheer and brightness to any random day in march when i need a little cheering up. and, bonus for me, each week has a special space dedicated to "do something creative this week." totally helps me get out of the day-to-day work stuff and have some focus on fun stuff.
2. 1154 lill madison bag (custom-made). are you familiar with 1154 lill yet? (because i wasn't until moving up to chicagoland). it's an awesome concept. they have all different base designs of clutches, wallets, handbags, diaper bags, luggage, etc...then, the fun part: they have tons and tons of fabrics that you can mix and match and design your own bag. 1154 has stores in chicago (and boston) where you can go in and create, but you can also do it all online. for me, it was time for a new workbag...one that would hold a laptop, notebooks, file folders, and of course, my date book. love my new bag!
3. blog, inc. by joy cho. from west elm. i so can't wait to dive into this new book, from joy cho, blogger extraordinaire of oh joy!
|(please ignore the |
5. imaginarium city central train table. (from toys r us). for anyone with a train-happy little one, this train table is a total treat. not only do i appreciate that they offer it in an espresso finish (matches our other furniture), but i also comes with 100+ train pieces (so you don't feel like this is going to be a hundreds of dollars proposition). let's say that little mr. re-nest hasn't left its side since it was put together (in my foyer, no less).
6. knitting row counter. from cool 2 be chic on etsy. here's where my nerd-self shows through. thanks to pinterest (once again), i came across this seemingly very useful and handy row counter that i so needed. leave it to mr. re-nest to come through with my nerdy row counter. good thing i have a knitting project in the works to try it out on!
7. re-nest studio giant custom rubber stamp. totally taken with this very special gift from my amazing brother-in-law (and the creative genius behind the re-nest logo and branding). fantastic way for us to add some more personalization to our pieces.
so just a few of my favorite things from this year. hope you enjoyed your holidays with your family, friends and loved ones....and came across some things that were your favorite things!
here's to finding more favorite things in 2013!